The NAWBO® Institute of Entrepreneurial Development seeks to strengthen the wealth-creating capacity of women business owners and to promote economic development within the business community – thereby building a legacy of success for future generations of women entrepreneurs. The NAWBO® Institute is proud to present the Accelerated Growth Series® – a premiere capacity-building educational program designed exclusively for the women’s entrepreneurial community.
According to the “Gender & Establishment Dynamics, 2002-06” published by the U. S. SBA Office of Advocacy:
- Women-owned businesses are expanding faster than male-owned businesses in 80% of the states or 40 out of the 50 states.
- Yet employment losses in existing female-owned establishments were more severe than those in their male counterparts’ establishments – minus 12% - compared with minus 9% – over the 2002-06 period.
- The average four-year survival rate for all 2002 employer establishments was 70%; for female-owned, 66%; for male-owned, 72%; and for male and female equally owned, 69%. Women-owned business have the lowest survival rate at 66%.
- Larger businesses had lower death rates, higher expansion rates, and higher contraction rates. On average, employer establishments that had closed by 2006 tended to have fewer employees, lower payroll per worker, and lower business receipts per establishment in 2002.
- According to the 1997-2007 U.S. Census Bureau data, women-owned businesses lost their revenue-based market share by more than 10% – representing just under 4% of total revenue share.
- Past research point to the link between education – venture creation – and entrepreneurial performance. Currently, the majority of programs available to entrepreneurs are on how to start businesses.
- According to the Center for Women’s Business Research, the most glaring “need” for women-owned businesses stems from lack of knowledge on how to grow a business from Point A to Point B, becoming an employer firm, and moving from being the technical firm to the business leader.
About the Program
At the NAWBO® Institute, we understand the unique needs and challenges of women-owned businesses. The Accelerated Growth Series® offers a flexible and customized educational platform that offers exceptional tools and knowledge that you can immediately apply to your business. Participation in the full program will enable growth-minded women entrepreneurs to gain a comprehensive assessment of your business and implications for long-term success; develop a long-term strategic plan that serves as the roadmap for accelerated growth; implement growth strategies and monitor organizational performance; gain exclusive access to industry experts and business networks; and become a part of a community of peers who are all dedicated to each other’s success. The program is exclusively designed for women-owned businesses to deliver the highest return on your investment and at the same time manage the ever-increasing demand on their time and resources.
- High-impact program content delivered by renowned experts with advanced credentials
- Tiered curriculum that provides the flexibility to participate in one or more workshop offerings
- Two-day workshop format that minimize the time away from your business and travel expenses
- Workshop sessions that offer a combination of lectures and interactive workshops that maximize results
- Application criteria that ensures that each offering is the right “fit” for your business depending on where you are in the organizational development cycle
- All-inclusive and value-add program fee that includes lectures, interactive workshops, Organizational Effectiveness Survey ($1500 value), program materials, meals, online community, NAWBO® National annual membership for non-members ($200 value), and ongoing program support
- Organizational Effectiveness Survey: A 65-items survey that assesses the extent to which the company has developed the “infrastructure” to support its current and future stage of development.This survey will be administered to the participant and up to 10 members of her team for those applicants who are accepted into Workshop 1 and will serve as the foundation for assessing and tracking the performance of each participant throughout the program.
- Workshop 1: Assessing Your Organizational Capacity
Limited to 75 participants per session; and must meet application criteria
- Workshop 2: Developing a Strategic Plan for Growth
Limited to 50 participants per session; and must have successfully completed Workshop 1
- Workshop 3: Executing Winning Growth Strategies
Limited to 50 participants per session; and must have successfully completed Workshop 1 & 2
|Day 1||Networking Lunch
|12:00 – 1:00 pm|
1:00 – 5:00 pm
5:00 – 6:00 pm
6:00 – 9:00 pm
|Day 2||Continental Breakfast
|8:00 – 8:30 am|
8:30 – 11:30 am
10:30 – 12:00 pm
12:00 – 1:00 pm
1:00 – 3:00 pm