Nominate an Enterprising Woman
Nominations for Enterprising Women magazine’s 2013 Enterprising Women of the Year Award are now open at www.enterprisingwomen.com/nomination.php. Enterprising Women is a longtime media partner of NAWBO® and we encourage our members to apply!
If you have not previously won the Enterprising Women of the Year Award, consider nominating yourself or someone you know. Any businesswoman is eligible to apply for the award if she has been in business at least three years and meets any of the following criteria:
- She is at least a 51 percent owner or manager of the company;
- She is a woman who owns, manages and controls the company with a partner, and she owns at least 33 percent of the company; or
- She is a woman entrepreneur who leads a company that has obtained venture capital and, as a result, she now holds an equity position of less than 51 percent in the business.
Nominees will be judged based upon:
- The revenue growth of their company; • The leadership they have exhibited in their local communities and/or at the state, national or international levels; and
- The ways in which they have given back to the women's business community by mentoring or supporting other women in business.
Nominees may enter in one of five categories, based upon their projected 2012 revenues:
- Businesses with up to $1 million in annual revenues;
- Businesses with more than $1 million and up to $5 million in annual revenues;
- Businesses with more than $5 million and up to $10 million in annual revenues;
- Businesses with more than $10 million and up to $25 million in annual revenues; and
- Businesses with more than $25 million in annual revenues.
Nominations close at midnight on Friday, November 30, and winners will be notified in December.
Also, Save the Date!
Make Plans Now to Join Enterprising Women for the 2013 Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration in Florida
The 11th Annual Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Celebration will be held April 3-4, 2013 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The annual Enterprising Women of the Year Award, which recognizes the finest women entrepreneurs in North America and beyond, is widely considered one of the most prestigious recognition programs for women business owners, and the Awards Celebration offers unparalleled networking opportunities for women business thought leaders and women entrepreneurs from the United States and around the world.
The 2013 award winners and honorable mention recipients will be celebrated at the April 4th Enterprising Women of the Year Awards Gala Dinner. They also will be profiled in the special April 2013 commemorative awards issue of Enterprising Women magazine.
April 3rd offerings will include educational workshops and Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC) Match-Making Sessions, coordinated by the Women’s Business Development Center-Chicago (WBDC) and hosted by Office Depot at its corporate headquarters in Boca Raton.
The two-day gathering is open to winners of the Enterprising Women of the Year Award, corporate supporters, members of the Enterprising Women Advisory Board, VIPs in the women’s business community, readers of Enterprising Womenn magazine and members of the many partner organizations affiliated with Enterprising Women magazine.
It is widely regarded as one of the premier networking opportunities for women business thought leaders and women entrepreneurs from the United States and around the world.