Women Making Waves
- What does your company do?
Empower women through specially curated workshops, programming, and events.
- What is your company's mission?
Women Making Waves provides a platform and a supportive community which facilitates women's confidence, competence and connectivity both to themselves and others.
- What essentials do you carry in your day-to-day work bag?
iPhone aka office, lipgloss, logo stickers, glitter pen & pad for on the go notes, essential oil roller.
- Which person - living or dead - do you most admire and why?
My grandmother because she believed in the power of community and the depth of true connection.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
I’m still working on it. But if I had to choose it would be leaving and living abroad on my own and learning another language.
- What is your most treasured possession?
My grandmother's charm bracelet. It was a story of all she lived as wearable art.
- Which historical figure do you most identify with and why?
Cleopatra for her boldness and intellect. Those that challenge systems and break norms.
- What is one accomplishment/win you're most proud of?
Starting a business, building my own community, being a mom through it all.
- Do you have a favorite quote or affirmation?
“If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.” ~African Proverb
- What is one book and/or podcast you always recommend to other leaders?
The four agreements and the Alchemist
- What is your superpower?
Connector both of ideas and people.
- If you went on a road trip, where would you go and who would you go with?
I do it every summer to visit parts of the US with my family. We drive and see how far we feel like going.
- Why should someone join NAWBO?
To grow as a leader and to surround yourself with women who will help you get there.
- How has Covid changed your outlook personally and professionally?
It allowed me to shed my ego, slow down and focus my energy on what matters to me and my growth and it brought me the best connections on a global scale.
- What’s been the mindset that has helped you thrive?
Go for the projects and propel towards the projects that both excite and scare you.
- What trends are you seeing in your industry?
The need for deeper more curated connections, not just networking or fun distractions.
- What should potential and current clients anticipate from your company in 2023?
Enhanced events, new collaborations, expansion to new cities and a product that will provide more experiences access to our community.