Did You Know . . .
- NAWBO is the voice of 12 million women business owners nationally.
- NAWBO Chicago is the largest of NAWBO’s more than 60 chapters in the U.S.
- Formed in 1978, NAWBO Chicago provides women business owners with leadership, education and networking opportunities amid a community of fellow women business owners. It also serves as a voice for its members on economic, social and public policy issues.
- Member companies vary in size from one employee to several hundred with 17% of our members having 10 or more employees.
- The Chapter’s membership represents businesses in all major industrial, service and retail sectors.
Through excellence in vision, leadership, and continuous outreach to the diverse community of women entrepreneurs, we:
- Strengthen the wealth-creating capacity of our members and promote economic development
- Create innovative and effective changes in the business culture
- Build strategic alliances, coalitions, and affiliations
- Transform public policy and influence opinion makers
In principle and in practice the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) values and seeks a diverse and inclusive membership. NAWBO shall seek full participation in the organization by all women business owners regardless of race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, or disability. NAWBO’s goal is to fully represent the diverse make-up of the women business owner community through increased representation within ethnic and minority communities and to expand access to leadership opportunities.
2020-2021 Board of Directors
Immediate Past President
Alpha Metals Corp
Stride Accounting Solutions
Big Buzz Idea Group
Downers Grove, IL
SMB Value Partners
Sue Kramer Harrawood
Peace of Mind Virtual Assistance
Orland Park, IL
Wells Fargo Advisors
The Wholey Poitras Group at Baird