NAWBO Chapter Leadership Development Training
Eastern Leadership Development Training at the Gaylord Palms Resort in Kissimmee, Florida
Start the New Year by getting out of town to be with your NAWBO sisters. Come share ideas, success stories and have some fun too...Don't miss this semi-annual leadership training. The cost is $75 per person.
Wednesday, January 25
8:00 - 9:00 Evening Nightcap and Dessert Reception at the National Entrepreneur Center (NEC) - Hosted by NAWBO Orlando and NEC
- 7:00 Transportation for all registered for LDT and Circle members to the NEC, located in Orlando Fashion Square, will leave the Gaylord Palms Resort
Thursday, January 26
6:30 - 7:00 Yoga/Pilates
8:00 - 8:30 Welcome Breakfast
8:30 - 8:45 Defining NAWBO Leadership by Teresa Meares & Mary Cravets
8:45 - 9:45 Women’s Leadership Series: Thinking Big/Being Big - Lynda Bishop & Virginia Wells
- Building stronger teams while reducing female rivalry in your chapter and company
9:45 - 10:00 State of NAWBO presented by Jen Earle, NAWBO CEO
10:00 - 11:00 NAWBO Board Refresher & More presented by Mary Hiland
- Your Responsibilities & tips on leadership development and succession
11:00 - 11:15 Morning Break
11:15 - 12:15 Creating a Winning Leadership Team presented by Lisa Kaiser Hickey
Let’s face it - You may or may not have chosen those you preside over, but your primary objective is to mold them into a dynamic working team that is unified in mission – that’s the definition of a Winning Team! Avoid the common pitfalls of poorly performing teams such as fear of conflict,absence of trust, avoidance of accountability, inattention to results and lack of commitment.
Instead, learn the ten top characteristics of highly performing teams and how to build them into your chapter culture. You’ll also learn how to help your team members understand their character strengths and personality traits with a couple of self-administered (and free!) evaluation tools.
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch Meetings
- Advocacy Directors
- Membership Directors
- Treasurers & Chapter Exec. Dir/Admin: Understanding back-end and pulling reports
1:30 - 2:45 Sharing Best Practices
You are one of 58 chapters across the country working towards the same mission. Don’t reinvent the wheel. Learn what works in other chapters and share what is working for you!
TWO rounds of discussions and each will include the following topics:
- Public Policy & Advocacy
- Membership Retention & Recruitment
- Corporate Partnerships
- Governance & By-laws
- Programs & Events
2:45 - 3:00 Afternoon Break
3:00 - 3:30 Leveraging Your Time & Strengthening Our Brand – Megan Patton and Michele Schina
- Make your life easier and your chapter more sustainable by understanding the 5-Star Program and how we use it to connect local chapters across the country.
3:30 - 4:00 Growing Our Strength by Growing Our Membership presented by Deborah Snyder
4:00 - 4:45 "Nuggets & Aha’s" presented by Mary Cravets
- Group share exercise of best practices and take-aways from the day
4:45 - 5:00 Evening Break
5:00 - 6:30 No Host Networking Dinner - Location TBD
6:30-8:00 pm Exclusive screening of Dream, Girl - Produced by Erin Bagel & Komal Minhas.
Stories of amazing entrepreneurs to inspire the next generation of leaders.
- Followed by a Q&A session.
- This program will provide the resources you will need to help with launching the student membership category for your chapter.
*Don’t miss this important event! We will be LAUNCHING the Student Membership Category.
Hotel Reservation Information:
Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center
6000 West Osceola Parkway, Kissimmee, FL 34746