NAWBO Chapter Leadership Development Training
Creating Leaders for a World of Change
Come ready to connect with some of the most influential women in the country who are working towards the same goals as you. The day's program is designed and focused on specific feedback from current Chapter Leaders: sharing best practices, learning the resources available from National, and training to make you a stronger leader in your local chapter and in your business.
All NAWBO Leaders and future leaders are invited and encouraged to attend.
Leadership Development Day happens three times a year - on the West Coast, East Coast and prior to the Women’s Business Conference. We hope this enables all leadership from chapters across the country to attend.
Join us for a day that will help you leverage the powerful legacy of NAWBO to create a bigger impact in your community.
Cost is $75 per person
Saturday, May 6
5:00 - 7:00 No Host Dinner
Sunday, May 7
8:00 - 8:30 Complimentary Breakfast Buffet - Gardenia Room
8:45 - 9:00 Welcome and Introductions: Mary Cravets
9:00 - 9:15 State of NAWBO: Jen Earle, NAWBO CEO
9:15 - 10:00 Women’s Leadership Series Thinking Big/Being Big: Lynda Bishop
- Building stronger teams while reducing female rivalry in your chapter and company
10:00 - 11:00 Servant Leadership: Lisa Kaiser Hickey
- An interactive session to help identify and solve interpersonal and chapter dynamics
11:00 - 11:15 Morning Break
11:15 - 12:15 NAWBO Board Refresher & More: Mary Hiland
- Learn the ten top characteristics of highly performing teams and how to build them into your chapter culture. You’ll also learn how to help your team members understand their character strengths and personality traits with a couple of self-administered evaluation tools.
12:30 - 1:30 Lunch
1:30 - 2:15 Action Learning: Virginia Wells
- More than a problem-solving tool, Action Learning helps your team members communicate more effectively and get better results
2:15 - 2:45 Sharing Best Practices - You are one of 58 chapters across the country working towards the same mission.
Learn what works in other chapters and share what is working for you! TWO rounds of discussions on the following topics:
- Board Succession
- Corporate Partnerships
- Governance & By-laws
- Star 3: Programs & Events
- Marketing & Social Media
- Conflict Resolution
2:45 - 3:00 Afternoon Break
3:00 - 3:30 Leveraging Your Time & Strengthening Our Brand: Megan Patton and Michele Schina
- Make your life easier and your chapter more sustainable by understanding the 5-Star Program and how we use it to connect local chapters across the country.
3:30 - 4:00 Growing Our Strength by Growing Our Membership - "Nuggets & Aha’s": Group share of take-aways from the day: Deborah Snyder
4:00 - 5:00 Evening Break
5:00 - 7:00 pm Reception & Exclusive screening of Dream, Girl - Produced by Erin Bagel & Komal Minhas
- Stories of amazing entrepreneurs to inspire the next generation of leaders. Join us for a facilitated discussion to brainstorm how to use this movie to help launch the Student Membership Category.