NAWBO’s 2021 Advocacy Day activities will take place through a virtual setting from Monday, June 7th through Tuesday June 8th. The week will then close out with NAWBO members connecting with the offices of their elected representatives.
This year's Advocacy Days will focus on 5 key themes:
- Speaking to the Microbusiness, Reinvigorating, and Encouraging the Emerging Entrepreneur
- Accessing Capital
- Breaking the Middle Barrier
- Utilizing and Receiving Technology
- Caring for the Business Owner and Caretaking Flexibilities for the Employee
These key themes reflect the needs and interests of NAWBO members as they have navigated the COVID-19 pandemic.
Advocacy Day activities will kick off at 12:00 pm EST on June 7th.
This ‘skeleton’ agenda is not final and subject to change as we continue finalizing details with Congressional offices and partners
Monday, June 7th
- Freshman Women Leaders in the 117th Congress - 12:00-1:00 pm ET:
- NAWBO members will have the opportunity to hear from women freshman members discuss the issues most pressing for women business owners as well as their priorities as members of the new Congress.
- Speaking to Microbusiness 1:15-2:15 pm ET:
- NAWBO members will hear from Gusto Economist Luke Pardue as he provides a brief on the recent survey conducted by NAWBO and Gusto to gauge members interest in upcoming legislation, access to pandemic relief and how the pandemic affected their businesses
- Networking Breakout or Congressional Breakouts 2:15-3:15 pm ET:
- New to the virtual activities, NAWBO members will get a chance to connect directly with Congressional staffers on pressing issues, such as taxation and healthcare.
- Utilizing Digital Tools to Grow your Business 3:15-4:15 pm ET
- Join the Facebook team for a virtual training event that will equip women business owners and entrepreneurs with the tools and resources they need to grow their business on Facebook and Instagram. During this training you’ll learn how to use personalized ads to reach your ideal audience and raise awareness of your business offerings. This session also includes a live Q&A with Facebook’s small business team. You won’t want to miss this.
Tuesday, June 8th
- Joint Briefing with the House & Senate Committees on Small Business & Entrepreneurship 9:00 am- 10:30 am ET
- This session will be a joint briefing from the Chairs and Ranking Members of House and Senate Small Business Committees followed by a brief question and answer session that will be moderated by a member of the NAWBO National Board
Confirmed Speakers: Senator Ben Cardin (D,MD) Chairman of the Senate Committee of Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Rebuild Better with the Kauffman Foundation 1:00-2:00 pm ET
- NAWBO members will hear from a representative from the Kauffman Foundation speak about their “Rebuild Better” report. More information to come!