NWBC Public Meeting: #Celebrate Her
Every year, during Women’s History Month, we celebrate the great contributions of women. Please join the National Women’s Business Council in celebrating the milestones of women in business at our next online Public Meeting on Wednesday, March 8th from 2:00pm to 4:00pm ET.
We invite business-owners, leaders, entrepreneurs, policymakers, researchers and officials to join us as we share updates on the Council’s research and engagement efforts and have a conversation focused on how research can incite and drive constructive actions and policies for women in business. Additionally, the Council’s National Women’s Business Organizations –Association of Women’s Business Centers (AWBC), Astia, National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO), Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP), and Women’s Business National Council (WBENC) – will join us for an important dialogue as they share how their organizations support women in business across the country, the opportunities to engage with their organizations and speak on their role in the entrepreneurial community. Please see the agenda below:
2:00pm ET Opening Remarks and Call to Order of the National Women’s Business Council
- Kimberly Blackwell, Chair of the Communications Committee, Council Member, National Women’s Business Council
2:15pm ET NWBC Research, Communication and Engagement Updates
- Rosana Privitera Biondo, Council Member, National Women’s Business Council
- Whitney Keyes, Council Member, National Women’s Business Council
2:30pm ET Women’s Participation in Public Policy
- Victoria Budson, Founder and Executive Director of the Women and Public Policy Program (WAPPP), Harvard University School of Government
3:00pm ET Supporting Women in Business: The Voices of the Council’s National Women’s Business Organizations
- Jen Earle, CEO of the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO), Moderator
- Sharon Vosmek, CEO of Astia & Member of Astia Angels
- Marsha Bailey, Chair of the Association of Women’s Business Centers (AWBC)
- Dr. Marsha Firestone, President and Founder of the Women Presidents’ Organization (WPO)
- Pam Prince-Eason, President and CEO of the Women’s Business National Council (WBENC)
- Rose Wang, Representative of Women Impacting Public Policy (WIPP)
3:45pm ET Q&A
4:00pm ET Closing Remarks & Adjournment
The meeting will take place via web conference. Further details will be provided upon RSVP.
We hope you can join us this Women’s History Month on March 8th to #CelebrateHER.