Summer at NAWBO KC is always an exciting time as the new board members transition into their new positions. I, Brandy McCombs, will be filling the position of President and have some BIG shoes to fill. Thanks to Shauna Huntington, now Immediate Past President, for all that you have done for this Chapter!
We are proud to say that we have doubled our membership from last year. NOW is the time to be part of this National Association that advocates for all women business owners. With new programs, times and places we are growing our strength in Kansas City while our National Board in Washington D.C.. is supporting NAWBO all over the United States.
I have much to say, but since I know that we are all busy working on/in our business I will keep it short so if you want to hear more come to an event. Or even better, host the event and we will come to you :-) Keep an eye out for upcoming events, but in the meantime if you have questions or concerns feel free to reach out to me.
Your New Exciting President,
A New Board for a New Year
July 1st is the start of NAWBO, Kansas City's year and with the start of each year there is a changing of the guard.
Thank you to the 2015-2016 Board of Directors, led by Shauna Huntington of Fortiviti (Chapter President).
Please welcome our new Board of Directors. If you are interested in serving on the Board please ask any of the current or past Directors about their responsibilities and the benefits they gain from being active as a Director.
President - Brandy McCombs, IBC Inc.
Immediate Past President and Treasurer, Shauna Huntington, Fortiviti
Membership - Dawn Potts, H2O Window Cleaning
Corporate Sponsorship - Julie Towner, Towner Communications
President-Elect and Secretary - Valerie Vaughn, Apex Business Advisors
Ten Reasons to Attend the National Women's Business Conference
Here are 10 reasons why you’ll want to jump at the chance to attend this one-of-a-kind event on September 18-20 in Columbus, Ohio. Click HERE to learn more.
- Likeinded attendees: These are your peers—hundreds of smart and sophisticated women who are traveling a similar path to you or have been down it before. They can relate. They want to see you succeed. And they are eager to help, whether it’s with an idea or a business connection.
- Incredible environment: We hear time and again that there’s nothing quite like the environment of a National Women’s Business Conference, withwomen business owners from across the country connecting, or reconnecting, learning together, sharing ideas, encouraging one another and having fun.
- Uplifting keynotes: Every year, NAWBO is excited to bring to the conference uplifting, motivating and thought-provoking keynote speakers with amazing personal and businessinsights to share. This year’s speakers include Jenn Lim, CEO of Delivering Happiness, a panel of women in elective office and Dr. Tererai Trent, humanitarian, author, educator andbusiness founder.
- Valuable resources: It’s no secret: Women business owners like to dobusiness with other women and organizations that support women. The exhibit hall is literally packed with these businesses—all with resources that can help you improve and grow. Mixed in are fun shopping opportunities. (Awomen’s conference wouldn’t be complete without some purses and jewelry, right?)
- Tailored learning: NAWBO serves women business owners 365 days a year, so we know what excites you and what keeps you awake at night. The breakout sessions are designed to deliver education that matters most to you right now, including Leading With Impact and Influence, Negotiate Your Way to Success, Cyber Security and more.
- A great American city: One of the best things about a traveling conferenceis you get to explore a great new American city each year. Columbus, Ohio—host to the 2016 conference—is a surprisingly hip Midwestern city with a creative and vibrant culture. It has been ranked as one of Business Week’s 50 best cities in America and Forbes gave it an A rating as one of the top cities for business in the U.S.
- The Annual Membership Meeting: NAWBO has thousands of members—busy, hardworking women—across the U.S., so you can imagine the logistics of getting everyone together in one place. That’s why we plan our Annual Membership Meeting one day prior to the conference kick off. Come hear about NAWBO’s past, present and future, then stay on for two more days of incredible connections and learning.
- Tastefully Ohio: On Monday evening, our Columbus chapter is taking the reins to host a red, white and blue all-American event showcasing the state of Ohio, including local food, live music and other fun and surprises! The event will be held on the property of the scenic Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.
- Annual Gala & Awards: Step into your best cocktail attire and walk the red carpet at this new premier event on Tuesday. As part of this glamorous evening of fun and celebration, NAWBO will announce and honor our Woman Business Owner of the Year, as well as other individual and chapter award winners.
- The Best Bag in Town: There are so many big things happening at this year’s conference that lest we forget small things matter, too—like theconference bag sponsored by UPS. This year, we went sporty, casual and cool with a yoga mat included (be sure to use it at Monday morning’s yoga session!).
Click HERE for more information and to register.
Reason #11 to attend WBC 2016
We now have 5 NAWBO-KC members attending
the 2016 Women's Business Conference!
If you are curious, but just not sure, and want to talk to someone who's been about why YOU should attend call or email Valerie Vaughn. (913) 433-2315 | firstname.lastname@example.org