It’s no small thing to run a small business.
Second Place Receives
CONTEST OVERVIEW & RULES
The NAWBO Small Business Week Contest is open only to women-owned small businesses that were founded and are headquartered in the United States. No purchase of a NAWBO membership is necessary. A NAWBO membership does not increase your chances of being featured in contest communications or winning. Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry to enter. The following are not eligible: members of the NAWBO National Board of Directors who might otherwise qualify, and small businesses involved in judging or communicating the contest and its winners.
- March 12, 2018, 9 a.m. EDT - Contest launch
- March 12 - April 20, 2018 - Women business owners with qualifying small businesses can submit video entries highlighting the “one thing that’s contributed most to your success as a small business.”
- April 20, 2018, 11:59 p.m. ET: Contest closes
- April 21 - April 29, 2018 - A panel of NAWBO National leadership will review all submissions and choose the winner and two finalists from all entrants based on which videos feature content that is unique and will potentially have the most impact on the success of other women small business owners).
- April 29 - May 5, 2018 - NAWBO will announce winner and two finalists during National Small Business Week. Announcements can occur via NAWBO e-blasts, website posts and social media posts. The winner and two finalists may submit a 1/2 page ad in this year's National Women's Business Conference program book. The ad must be submitted by June 30, 2018.
- The winner will receive a complimentary registration to the NAWBO National Women’s Business Conference, September 23-25, 2018 and is invited on stage to be publicly honored on September 25 at the NAWBO Awards Gala. The winner will also be featured in an article in NAWBO’s monthly e-publication (July, August, or September issue; exact timing to be determined).
SUBMISSION CRITERIA & PROCESS:
All contest submissions must
- Be original for the 2018 NAWBO "No Small Thing" video contest.
- Not infringe on any third-party rights (logos, music, intellectual property, etc.).
- Not include any third parties, including minors, celebrities and friends, who have not expressly authorized the entrant to display his/her image or likeness in a submitted video.
- Be 2-minutes in length or less.
- Be in English
- Be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include entrant’s contact information: Name, company name, city, state, website, e-mail and phone number. Also, include your NAWBO chapter, if you are a member.
- Include or attach a 100-word description about your company and video topic. (Only Microsoft Word documents accepted)
- Video is posted to a personal or company YouTube Channel and video link is provided in the submission.
All winners will be notified via the e-mail address provided with submission. The winner of the complimentary National Women's Business Conference registration will be notified by phone and assisted with registration details.