NAWBO has and will continue to advocate for increased federal contracting opportunities for women business owners. Use the resource links below to find out more about government contracting opportunities for women-owned businesses.
- U. S. SBA Women-Owned Business Federal Contract Program: find out the requirements and guidelines for federal contracting opportunities for women owned small businesses. On May 7, 2013 changes to the federal contracting program for women-owned small business (WOSB) concerns and economically disadvantaged women-owned small business (EDWOSB) concerns went into effect. The enactment of the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for 2013 removed the caps on the contract award size for which WOSB and EDWOSB concerns have been able to compete.
- Women Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC): find out how to become WBE certified
- WomenBiz.gov: locate resources just for women-owned businesses doing business with the government (WomenBiz.gov en Español)
- System for Award Management: (SAM) register here in order to be awarded a contract from the government
- General Services Administration (GSA): learn basic information on schedules program
- Federal Procurement Data System: find details on contract spending
- Federal Business Opportunities (FedBizOpps): discover available federal contracts
- HUB Zone program: take advantage of federal contracting resources for distressed communities
- OPEN Forum VIP : Review Victory in Procurement breakout sessions, articles and much more
- SUB-Net: search posted notices of subcontracting opportunities
- GSA Office of Small Business Utilization: view the educational event calendar
- Department of Defense Procurement Technical Assistance Centers: locate a center near you
For every entrepreneur at every stage of business development, we offer invaluable guidance, NAWBO tips and tools, along with benefits from NAWBO’s corporate alliances and partnerships with other leading national organizations.
Click here to go to the NAWBO National Resources page