We are excited to announce the second year of the NAWBO Established and Ready to Grow Program sponsored by AARP!
Scholarships Are Available For 40 Minority Women Business Owners, Aged 45+
The NAWBO Established and Ready to Grow Entrepreneurship Program sponsored by AARP aims to engage 40 women business owners of color, aged 45+, who are in the early stages of business ownership and seeks to propel them to the next level of their business journey. This scholarship opportunity is presented through the NAWBO Institute for Entrepreneurial Development.
Find your community of support for continued growth and prosperity. During the program, participants gain opportunities to increase industry and peer connections; increase market share and convert leads to customers; understand your target market and effectively reach them; build client loyalty and retention; and understand your costs and capital needs.
Program Applications are open from May 1- May 31. All applicants will be notified of a decision by June 9.
Application Link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Est_Ready2022
- Identify as a diverse woman business owner who is 45 years or older
- Actively operating the business for at least six months
- Registered LLC, Sole Proprietorship, etc.
- Be able to commit to the time requirements of the program and attend all sessions
- Be able to participate in peer roundtable discussion groups
The Established and Ready to Grow Program will run from June - October 2022 and includes:
- One-Year NAWBO Premier Membership at completion of program (October 2022-September 2023)
- Four (4) Peer Group Roundtable/Discussion Sessions
- Five (5) Subject Matter Expert Sessions with Q&A
- Exposure in NAWBO Communications and Social Media
- Opportunity to participate in National Women's Business Conference Scholarship Pitch Competition
New In 2022! National Women's Business Conference Scholarship Pitch Competition
- Five (5) WBC Exhibit Booths and Five (5) WBC Event Registrations will be awarded (October 10-11 *does not include Annual Meeting)
- All 10 Winners receive: Roundtrip Southwest Vouchers and a two (2) night stay at The Galt House, host hotel
- Applications will be open August 1-August 12
- Pitch Winners will be announced on August 17
- All applicants must be actively involved in the Established and Ready to Grow program to participate
- More details coming!
Established and Ready to Grow Program Agenda:
*topics and specific dates subject to change
Session 1 - June 22 - Meet & Greet and Overview of the Program (Peer Group Discussion #1)
Session 2 - July 13 - Marketing and Building a Brand
Session 3 - July 27 - Pitching and Lead Generation
Session 4 - Aug 10 - Hosted Peer Roundtable #2
Session 5 - Aug 24 - Preparing to Access Capital
Session 6 - Sept 14 - Managing Cash Flow to Scale
Session 7 - Sept 28 - Hosted Peer Roundtable #3
National Women’s Business Conference - Oct 9-11 - Meet and Greet with AARP and 2021 Program Alumni (Peer Group Discussion #4)
Session 8 - Oct 26 - Purposeful Hustle