Determine Your Best Path to Public Service
The first NAWBO Academy for Public Service is coming to Virginia this June!
Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa
1600 King Street
Alexandria, VA 22314
The NAWBO Academy for Public Service was born out of conversations with bright and brilliant NAWBO members who are considering careers in public service, but aren’t sure where to even start—where to ask questions or how to navigate to get more resources, education or training.
Just like the business networks they are used to building and expanding, a woman entrepreneur’s path into public service is a new network to build and navigate. At NAWBO National, we have access to the resources and experts you need to discern the best path into public service for you based on your time and other resources and your interests.
That’s why you’ll want to plan to spend the day with us, interacting with NAWBO experts who will help you determine your best and most successful path into public service based on your business, your expertise, the issues you care about and your lifestyle.
Let our special curriculum, designed exclusively for NAWBO members, reveal which of the many paths into public service best suits you.
During the day, we will lay out numerous public service options and work with you to determine your path forward.
Options to be discussed include:
• Running for office at local, state and federal levels of government
• Working on a campaign
• Serving on a corporate or government board or task force
The fee is $75 for NAWBO members and $125 for non-members. Contact Joy Lutes, VP of External Affairs, with any questions at [email protected]
For Hotel Room Reservations at the Kimpton Lorien Hotel & Spa:
Single/Double $209 + tax
More from this issue
- Consider Tax Incentives With Your Next Capital or Workforce Investment
- What Would You Do With More Money?
- Griselda Quezada-Chavez Goes Global with Q&C Exim
- Q&A With Loreen Gilbert, NAWBO National Board Member
- Making Pro-Growth Tax Reform a Reality
- She Said/She Said: Changing Tax Laws and Tax Reform
- The 2017 Tax Law Changes You Can’t Miss
- Iowa’s Lieutenant Governor Kim Reynolds Talks Women in Public Service and Business
- It’s Never Too Early to Start Thinking “Taxes”
- Microsoft Wants to Know Your “No Small Thing”