About NAWBO - Salt Lake City (NAWBO - SLC)
Founded in 1975, the National Association of Women Business Owners (NAWBO) propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power worldwide. Our goals are centered around:
1. Helping our community of Women Business Owners create more wealth and economic stability within their companies and communities.
2. Improving the business culture and community to work more efficiently with Women Owned Businesses.
3. Strengthen our member’s partnership capabilities with other businesses embracing the “Together Everyone Accomplishes More” philosophy.
4. Helping our membership become an influential force and the face of good business throughout the State of Utah.
The Salt Lake City Chapter of NAWBO has been providing a strong voice and vision for women entrepreneurs and business owners since 1992, and previously to 1980 when the organization was known as UAWBO. We are one of 65 chapters nationwide affiliated with the National Association of Women Business Owners. Give your business a boost by JOINING us today.
A 2004 study by the Center for Women’s Research named Utah the number one state in the country in the percentage growth of womenowned businesses. Utah is home to 102,194 womenowned businesses that generate $23 billion in sales and employ 217,260 people.
Today NAWBO - SLC represents women business owners in a broad spectrum of endeavors from interior design, marketing, and customized webbased services to restoration, power sweeping, and nontraditional industries such as engineering and construction. Learn how NAWBO/SLC can benefit you.
To provide a vision, a voice and a forum for women business owners.
NAWBO’S Mission Statement:
As an organization with a customer first philosophy, we:
1. Strengthen the wealth creating capacity of our members and promote economic development.
2. Create innovative and effective changes in the business culture.
3. Build strategic alliances, coalitions and affiliations.
4. Transform public policy and influence opinion makers.
The National Association of Women Business Owners propels women entrepreneurs into economic, social and political spheres of power worldwide.
NAWBO - Salt Lake City
2018-2019 Board of Directors
Board of Advisors
Chapter Administrator: Lisa Snellings, Owner/Founder, Loud Mouth Marketing