National & Chapter Events
Feb 23 2017 - 12:00pm – 12:30pm
Mar 7 2017 - 12:30pm – 1:00pm
Mar 8 2017 - 2:00pm – 4:00pm
Mar 9 2017 - 11:00am – 1:00pm
Mar 9 2017 - 8:00pm – 9:00pm
- 1 of 3
- next ›
A strong, unified voice
Young Woman Entrepreneur Scholarship
NAWBO - Sedona Verde Valley is now accepting applications for the Young Woman Entrepreneur Scholarship 2017. This scholarship is awarded annually to a female high school student from the Verde Valley who is enrolled in or has completed at least one business course and has been accepted to college. A successful applicant's course of study and/or profession must foster her entrepreneurial spirit.
A $1,500.00 goes to one recipient. Deadline for applications is March 31, 2017.
Applicants must provide the following:
- An outline of previous and current business experience and career goals. (1-2 pages)
- Explanation of financial need for the award.
- Write a simplified business proposal for one of their business ideas (1-2 pages), including:
- The problem your customers have.
- Your product or service (that solves the problem).
- Marketing plan/Your target market.
- Ownership & management structure.
- Pricing strategy and funding required.
- Competitive advantage.
- Submit two letters of recommendation including one from the student's school principal, counselor or teacher.
- Scholarship Recipient must attend the Shining Stars - Celebration of Entrepreneurial Excellence Event on May 4, 2017. To obtain an application contact Rosemary Anderson, NAWBO-SVV Shining Stars Scholarship Chair at 480-720-6853 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shining Stars - Entrepreneur Excellence Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2017 NAWBO Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards.
These five awards, will be given as part of the Shining Stars – A Celebration of Entrepreneurial Excellence event on May 4th, recognize female business owners in the Verde Valley. The awards are a great way to promote the most talented and forward-thinking businesswomen of Sedona Verde-Valley. Here are the categories:
- Trailblazer - Who created an innovative business idea and found an original way to enter the business marketplace. (Business-owner)
- Customer Service - Whose business is known for outstanding customer service and has an ongoing working relationship with her customers. (Business-owner)
- Non-Profit - Who founded and successfully leads a non-profit organization.
- Community Involvement - Who exemplifies community involvement through philanthropy, thereby supporting and strengthening our community. (Business-owner)
- Humanitarian - Who promotes human welfare & social reform by volunteering and working towards advancing the well-being of humanity. (Business-owner or Non-business owner)
Please make a nomination. You may even know enough qualified candidates to make nominations in all five categories! The nomination process is easy.
The deadline for making your nominations is March 31st, and details are on the nomination form. If you need an Application Form, please email email@example.com. Applications will be accepted via the website, mail or email. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tamara Middleton at 928-814-3829 with questions.
Register for the Shining Stars Event
Women helping women help the world
Our national presence is beyond widespread. Find your local chapter and plug in.