National & Chapter Events
Apr 27 2017 - 12:00pm – 12:30pm
- 1 of 3
- next ›
A strong, unified voice
Young Woman Entrepreneur Scholarship
NAWBO - Sedona Verde Valley is now accepting applications for the Young Woman Entrepreneur Scholarship 2017. This scholarship is awarded annually to a female high school student from the Verde Valley who is enrolled in or has completed at least one business course and has been accepted to college. A successful applicant's course of study and/or profession must foster her entrepreneurial spirit.
A $1,500.00 goes to one recipient. Deadline for applications is March 31, 2017.
Applicants must provide the following:
- An outline of previous and current business experience and career goals. (1-2 pages)
- Explanation of financial need for the award.
- Write a simplified business proposal for one of their business ideas (1-2 pages), including:
- The problem your customers have.
- Your product or service (that solves the problem).
- Marketing plan/Your target market.
- Ownership & management structure.
- Pricing strategy and funding required.
- Competitive advantage.
- Submit two letters of recommendation including one from the student's school principal, counselor or teacher.
- Scholarship Recipient must attend the Shining Stars - Celebration of Entrepreneurial Excellence Event on May 4, 2017. To obtain an application contact Rosemary Anderson, NAWBO-SVV Shining Stars Scholarship Chair at 480-720-6853 or email [email protected].
Shining Stars - Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards
Nominations are now open for the 2017 NAWBO Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards.
These five awards, will be given as part of the Shining Stars – A Celebration of Entrepreneurial Excellence event on May 4th, recognize female business owners in the Verde Valley. The awards are a great way to promote the most talented and forward-thinking businesswomen of Sedona Verde-Valley. Here are the categories:
- Trailblazer - Who created an innovative business idea and found an original way to enter the business marketplace. (Business-owner)
- Customer Service - Whose business is known for outstanding customer service and has an ongoing working relationship with her customers. (Business-owner)
- Non-Profit - Who founded and successfully leads a non-profit organization.
- Community Involvement - Who exemplifies community involvement through philanthropy, thereby supporting and strengthening our community. (Business-owner)
- Humanitarian - Who promotes human welfare & social reform by volunteering and working towards advancing the well-being of humanity. (Business-owner or Non-business owner)
Please make a nomination. You may even know enough qualified candidates to make nominations in all five categories! The nomination process is easy.
The deadline for making your nominations is March 31st, and details are on the nomination form. If you need an Application Form, please email [email protected] Applications will be accepted via the website, mail or email. Contact [email protected] or call Tamara Middleton at 928-814-3829 with questions.
Register for the Shining Stars Event
These awards will be presented our annual benefit luncheon taking place at the Vista Hall in The Collective Sedona in the Village of Oak Creek on Thursday, May 4, 2017 from 11:00am - 1:30pm. Nominations are open to the public.
"They’re the bright lights of our community. “This is a true celebration of women who are making their mark in business and our hometown” Tamara Middleton, Shining Stars Co-Committee Chair. “This event gives us an opportunity to put the spotlight on some amazing ladies. Applications require biographical information on the nominee and a brief narrative denoting why the nominee should be awarded. All nominees will be honored at the event and will be recognized for their accomplishments.
Tickets are now available. Our luncheon will be a great time filled with excitement and a lot a fun. We are very excited to welcome past nominee, Shondra Jepperson, as our program Emcee and the meal is being catered by Heartline Cafe (Phyllis Cline, owner, who is also a past nominee). Our luncheon menu includes three courses with a choice of entrees (prime rib, chicken, or vegan). In additional to the Entrepreneurial Excellence Awards, this benefit will showcase the lucky winner of the NAWBO-SVV $1,500 annual scholarship. Sponsorship opportunities are available and the community is invited to attend.
Women helping women help the world
Our national presence is beyond widespread. Find your local chapter and plug in.