Thank you for your interest in being a Speaker/Presenter at the Women's Business Conference
The deadline to submit a proposal for WBC 2022 is June 30, 2022 at 6:00 PM PST
The RFP process serves to identify speakers for NAWBO events and workshops. As speaking opportunities emerge, applications will be considered from the speakers who submitted RFP’s.
NAWBO welcomes its members as speakers at one live event per year and on workshops. NAWBO uses outside speakers at many events. Applicants may submit proposals for multiple topics.
We seek presenters to share leading-edge ideas, inspire enlightening discussions and convey the fundamentals for growing our businesses. Topics are selected based on member surveys, success of past events, timeliness of topics and relevance of topic to women business owners.
Each program has different goals, objectives and audiences. NAWBO will decide the best fit for the speakers and presentation topics. The goals of all NAWBO events and education are to:
- Provide women business owners with opportunities for practical and up-to-date information, training and education on topics of interest to NAWBO members.
- Provide members and non-member speakers who have subject matter expertise the opportunity to increase their exposure in the community.
- Provide high quality, knowledgeable speakers to NAWBO members.
- Facilitate the professional and personal development and growth of our small business owner members and their employees.
- Provide high quality educational presentations.
- Engage attendees through audience participation and discussion.
- Coordinate with staff regarding any special equipment needs.
- Provide a picture, topic summary, top three takeaways and biography for marketing purposes.
- Ensure the session is not perceived as an infomercial.
- Promote your participation in the event on your social media sites.
- Provide own printed pieces and/or promotional collateral
Aggressively promote the event, speaker, and subject matter through a variety of NAWBO communication vehicles:
- NAWBO Web Site
- Announcements at other NAWBO events
- E-mail announcements
- NAWBO social media channels - Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin
- Register participants.
Your input is valued and will be carefully considered by our events and education committee and board. NAWBO will respond to your submission within a month of receiving it. We appreciate all submissions and if you are not selected for this upcoming program year, we welcome you to submit again for the following year. Opportunities will be afforded first to program themes and then speakers that fit those themes for a designated program.
How to Submit
Please complete the form below to submit your information and proposed topic details to the NAWBO programs committee for consideration. Please submit completed application to NAWBO firstname.lastname@example.org along with the following:
- Include a 1-2 page Presentation Summary including:
a. A list of three to five learning objectives
b. The specific benefits participants will take away
c. How you plan to engage the audience in interacting with one another
d. Why this topic is essential knowledge for women business owners
e. What makes your treatment of this topic unique
f. How you gained your expertise on this subject
- Presentation Sample (DVD, PPT or Web Link)
- 100-Word Biography
- High-Resolution Headshot (in JPG format)
- Include references from two or three organizations where you have previously presented
- Presentation Materials/Handouts
The speaker application due date is June 30, 2022 for WBC2022. All applications recieved after the June 30, 2022 deadline will be considered for WBC2023. Applicants will be notified by August 15, 2022 if they are selected.